Friday, July 25, 2008

Omaha, somewhere in.....

here's the rundown.

we're in Linlcoln Nebraska right now stay with Joshuas family. (incredilbly nice people!)
played Omaha tonight, and was a great show.

played Minnesta last night. Trevor got arrested and put in jail for spraypainting a stencil of Kerouak and the line "read more books". the financial district of St. Paul didn't think that was too funny. luckily they let him out thismorning and he was able to catch a plane back home.
love ya trev!

played Milwaukee the night before that. cool show. Coreys crew, and Amber sounded really great that night.

Ann Arbor was the night before that. fun show.

i had left out that when we played the new york show, i got a tour of the city by my good friend Randy Roberts. it was 2 am and we went to time square and rode the subway and all. good times. i have pics, but i left my camera at his place. i ended up staying there for the night.
i woke up the next day to a phone message saying that i needed to hurry and meet the band at some university to do a morning radio show that i didn't think i was playing on. so i got to figure out the subway system by myself... along with a map, a couple random people, and TOURIST THAT KNOWS NOTHING written on my forehead.
so i get off the train at my stop, (miraculously) and i find out that i have to walk another 2 miles to get to the campus.... and i'm supposed to be there in 10 min. so i begin to run down the street in my cowboy boots, in the middle of the Bronx, dodging cabs, and basically realizing that i'm the most rediculous sight in NYC.
i finally get to the station, again asking a bunch of uninterested people for directions. and...........
josh has already started the interview and i'm not even doing it.
so, i wish that someone would have atleast got a picture.

on to kansas city. go chefs. :)

1 comment:

jkn said...

Hey Nate,

I tried to leave a comment earlier - but I don't think it worked! I can't believe you were in DC and didn't call your Aunt Jeri. I would have fed you and you could have slept in my basement! But maybe you didn't know I lived in the area now. I know - I need to get on facebook and keep everyone posted on my life....So glad I found your blog - I love it. Good luck with the rest of your tour. We will be in Idaho when you play SLC - bummer! Hope to see you soon.

Love, Jeri